YaleMail is a service for alumni on the G Suite for Education platform, offering free, fully-functional, Yale-branded Gmail accounts. To learn more about Google G Suite and its enhancements and updates, please view their help forum.
YaleMail replaced the former forwarding service, known as Virtual Yale Station (YVS), in February 2016. All active VYS accounts were transferred to YaleMail at that time. Alumni who have not yet activated their YaleMail accounts should contact us for assistance.
With the transition, your @aya.yale.edu address became a fully functioning Gmail account, hosted by G Suite for Education. In other words, the @aya.yale.edu email address you had previously remains the same. There is no need to update friends and subscriptions with a different email address.
Account Activation & Setup
If requesting a new YaleMail account, please log into your profile within the alumni online directory and go to the YaleMail tab at the bottom of your profile page. Click the Edit button on the right, and follow the instructions on the next screen. NOTE: You will need to provide another email address (personal email address other than @yale.edu) to which the Google activation instructions and a temporary password will be sent.
Read the instructions carefully in the Google activation email message you received. Go to the following page: https://admin.google.com/aya.yale.edu
Current Google/Gmail Users:
- If you have a current Google/Gmail account(s), you will need to sign out in order to activate the new YaleMail account.
- You may need to select Add a New Account if you have Google/Gmail account(s). Use your full @aya.yale.edu address and select Next.
- Enter the temporary password sent to you in the Google activation email. If you do not have access to that email, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Create and confirm your new password.
- If you get to a screen which instructs you to select either an Organizational Google Apps Account or Individual Google account select the Organizational Google apps account. From there, enter your temporary password and select Sign In.
- If you receive one of the following messages when trying to log in, please select the “sign into one of the existing accounts”, enter your @aya.yale.edu, select Next, enter your temporary password: You need to use a Google Apps account to log into Google Admin Console. You are trying to access Google Admin of aya.yale.edu but you do not have a valid logged in account for it. Sign into one of the existing accounts for aya.yale.edu.
YaleMail is a G Suite for Education service which is a subset of G Suite for Work.
If the option is available on screen, please select “add an account” and proceed to enter your @aya.yale.edu email address and password.
If you do not see “add an account” but have a “learn more” option, please select the “learn more” at which point, you should have the “add an account” option to select.
Yes, you can easily forward emails sent to your @aya.yale.edu account to any address you choose. FYI for VYS users: Google requires that each YaleMail user set up email forwarding individually, so Yale was not able to set it up on behalf of alumni when creating the new accounts. To set up your new YaleMail account to forward your emails, please follow the instructions from this Gmail help page.
- Open the Gmail account that you want to forward from.
- At the top right, click the gear Select Settings.
- Select the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- Click Add a forwarding address in the “Forwarding” section.
- Enter the email address you want to forward to.
- For your security, we'll send a verification email to that address. Open your other email account and find the confirmation message from the Gmail team. If you’re having trouble finding it, check your Spam folder.
- Click the verification link in that email.
- Back in your Gmail account, reload the page in your web browser
- On the same Forwarding and POP/IMAP page in Settings, check that Forward a copy of incoming mail is selected and your email address is in the drop-down menu.
- In the second drop-down menu, choose what you want Gmail to do with your messages after they’re forwarded, such as keep Gmail’s copy in the Inbox (recommended) or archive Gmail’s copy.
- Click Save Changes at the bottom of the page.
The YAA staff is happy to assist with setting up your YaleMail account. We will also set up forwarding if you'd like! Please send us an email to get started.
If you would like to have the ability to reset your own password, you will need to set up a recovery method when you log into your account. The recovery method can be set up under My Account → Sign-In & Security → Signing in to Google → Recovery Method and select which method you want to set up.
About Google and G Suite
To use the YaleMail service, which provides a branded @aya.yale.edu address, you will need to have a YaleMail Gmail account.
If you used the Virtual Yale Station forwarding service prior to 2016, we created a YaleMail account for you when the service was migrated in February 2016. If you do not wish to use YaleMail, please email us and let us know you would like us to deactivate your @aya.yale.edu address.
Google's public Gmail service and G Suite for Education both run on the same infrastructure. However, G Suite is a separate offering that provides additional security and privacy controls for education, work, and government customers. G Suite for Education services do not collect or use your individual data for advertising purposes or to create ad profiles. Google will never sell or share your personal information.
Yale successfully implemented Google Apps for Education accounts for Yale College students (known as EliApps) in 2011. As old infrastructure has been replaced, students in some professional schools and faculty in some departments/schools have also moved to EliApps.
Based on this success and other benchmarking, YAA determined that G Suite for Education was the best option to replace the Virtual Yale Station forwarding service when it was decommissioned by the vendor in 2016.