Students Today, Alumni Tomorrow
You are a student today, an alum tomorrow, and a Yalie forever! One of the great things about Yale is that, while you may embark on future careers, further studies, and all the other journeys of a long, interesting life, Yale never leaves you. You are – and always will be – a Yalie. And as such, you have a place with the Yale Alumni Association.
Are you graduating this year? If so, starting in January, you will be able to access the online alumni community. Students set to graduate in the current academic year have access to exclusive alumni services, such as the all-inclusive online alumni directory and YaleMail, the Yale-branded alumni email service.
And be sure to keep in touch after graduation as well. Update your contact information so you never miss out on the latest events and other news. And sign up for YaleMail! We invite you to create a branded alumni email account. (Your student account will be closed after one year; Yale ITS provides instructions on transferring your email archive to YaleMail or another account.)
Student and Alumni Networking
Yale’s networking, community-building, and mentoring platform, open to all Yale students and alums.
STAY hosts events and supports channels to form meaningful student-alumni relationships.
Careers, Life, and Yale features programs that provides mentoring and insights into careers and life skills from alumni.
The Yale Office of Career Strategy offers career advising, professional school advising, employment and internship opportunities, and career development resources.
Working at Yale College Reunions
Working the Yale College Reunion weekends is an incredible opportunity to connect with fellow students, Yale alumni, and Yale staff in a fun and energetic environment, right here on campus! Positions are paid, and include both housing on campus and a stipend for meals.
Our search for 2024 Head Clerks is now live! Please visit the Yale Student Employment Office (SEO) website and search “Yale College Reunion Head Clerk – 2024.” Our other Reunion Clerk positions will be posted after Spring Break.
Student Leadership Positions
Yale Alumni Student Leadership Positions
Undergraduate elections for the YAA class delegates and class officers positions will be held mid October 2023. All classes hold elections except for the 1st years. For more information reach out to Jeannie Daniel, associate director of recent graduate engagement.
Info Sessions: Rose Alumni House (232 York St)
September 27th @ 4:30 pm
October 3rd @ 5:30 pm
Must submit a Statement of Purpose & signed Certificate of Candidacy by Friday, October 6th.
Open positions for each class are as follows:
Duties of the YAA class delegates include:
- Attending the YAA Assembly November 16-17, 2023 and reporting back to the class on important university issues
- Serving on YAA committees relevant to undergraduate life and student-alumni relations
- Other student/alumni engagement projects as appropriate
Yale College’s oldest elected positions, class secretary and class treasurer. The officers serve during their senior year and have responsibilities until the 5th reunion, in 2029.
The duties during senior year include:
- Organization of a Class Council
- Planning events (previous events have included a tailgate, a trip to Mohegan Sun, a Super Bowl party, open house at the Art Gallery, Pizza Study Break, Bar Nights, and the Masquerade Ball, among other things)
- Organizing Senior Week events and producing and selling class gear
- Monitoring the class treasury
- Working with Dean Hannah Peck and the Yale College dean’s office
- Class secretary serves as an ex-officio member of the Yale Alumni Association Board of Governors
After graduation, duties include:
- Writing class notes – the exciting goings on of your fellow Class of 2024 alumni – six times a year for the Yale Alumni Magazine (secretary)
- Keeping the class treasury healthy by writing text for dues emails and letters. (treasurer)
- Organizing and monitoring class events with the assistance of the Yale Alumni Association (regional, reunions, tailgates etc.)
A Yale degree is just the beginning. BOLD, or Bulldogs of the Last Decade, is your link to curated opportunities for recent grads. BOLD helps you connect and engage with your fellow Yalies and expand your network, both online and at events happening around the world.