About the Lamar Faculty Award
Faculty who are either currently teaching at Yale or who have achieved emeritus status are eligible to be considered for the Lamar Faculty Award. The committee seeks to recognize faculty who have demonstrated
- A commitment to engaging with Yale alumni through YAA and other alumni programs
- An extensive record of service to alumni
- Initiative and creativity in working with alumni
Anyone may submit a nomination. YAA staff, alumni relations staff in the Graduate and professional Schools, and YAA Board members are solicited directly for their nominations.
- Nomination Deadline: Early Winter
- Selection Process: Late Winter
- Award Presentation: Spring Board of Governors Meeting
The YAA Board’s Volunteer Leadership committee reviews nominations and selects the honorees.