The American River Parkway is 4,800 acres of public land along 23 miles of river! With over 40 species of fish, hundreds of plant species, and 220 species of mammals, the American River Parkway is an important natural oasis in our growing metropolitan area. We will be doing a river cleanup and removing litter and debris at a site on the parkway.
- Clothing: Volunteers should wear long sleeves, jeans, close toed sturdy shoes, sunscreen, and sunhats.
- Food: Volunteers should bring water. The ARPF will provide some water and a light snack.
- Supplies: Optional - Volunteers can bring gardening/work gloves and a trash grabber. The ARPF will provide nitrile gloves and trash bags but not trash grabbers.
- Rainy day plans: We will cancel the event with 24 hour notice if there is a high probability of rain.
- This is a family-friendly project, so youth are welcome.
Contact: Julia Lauper '06