What Is STAY?
STAY is all about student-alumni relations!
Partnering with on- and off-campus partners such as the Yale Alumni Association, Office of Development, Dwight Hall, the Office of Career Strategy, the Yale College Council, the Graduate and Professional Student Senate – and even other institutes of higher education – STAY hosts events and supports channels to unleash student-alumni time and talent, to transfer career and life wisdom, and to form long-lasting, meaningful student-alumni relationships.
How Can I Get Involved?
STAY welcomes students and alumni who want to transform student-alumni relations at Yale. Whether you're a student or an alum, here’s what you can do to get involved:
- Attend our biweekly gatherings at Rose Alumni House, home to the YAA, for food, facts, and fun.
- If you're an alum, volunteer to mentor a Yale student. If you're a student, get advice from a Yale alum.
- Get early access to Careers, Life, and Yale events.
- Interact with Yalies at student-alumni events, both on and off campus.
- Suggest a speaker for a STAY Alumni Tea, during which alumni share their life and career stories with current students.
- Suggest topics or venues for STAY-sponsored events.
- Nominate candidates for the Yale Jefferson Award for Public Service.
To learn more or for more information, please reach out to us via email.
Careers, Life, and Yale
STAY’s early mission inspired this exciting, innovative mentoring program. To this day, STAY leaders advise on, create, promote, and support Careers, Life, and Yale events.
Financial Life After Yale
Interested in better understanding how money fits into your life? Yale now offers “Get Lit,” developed by Yale alumna Tara Falcone ’11, as a package comprised of seven modules with 80 video discussions about finances and managing personal finances.
Yale-Jefferson Award for Public Service
STAY oversees the annual selection of three nominated members of the Yale family (an alumna/us, a Yale college student, and a graduate or professional student) to be honored with the Yale-Jefferson Award for Public Service. These awards recognize Yalies who do inspiring, innovative, impactful, individual public service.
Special Events and Initiatives
STAY innovates! STAY has developed dialogues, holds monthly teas to share life and career stories, supports students who can’t get home over break, benchmarks with other universities with active student-alumni programs – and much more!
Click here to get in touch with individual student and alumni leaders of STAY!