Careers, Life, and Yale offers an alumni-student mentoring program intended to encourage and support Yale students; connect them to new insights, ideas, people, and places; and serve as a resource as they navigate academics, aptitudes, and aspirations.
- A few times a year, Yale students can select from available Yale alumni mentors.
- Information about mentors is initially “anonymized” to protect privacy.
Expectations for Mentors
- Develop a reciprocal relationship and dialogue lasting for at least six months.
- Establish, with your mentee, expectations and roles as well as a goal for the mentorship.
- Be proactive: Plan conversations and develop trust with your mentee.
- Apply online to be considered as a mentor.
- Read brief orientation materials and take part in a brief orientation call.
- Understand and agree to comply with standards of behaviors.
Please be in touch if you have any further questions. Click here to contact the Yale Alumni Association.