Welcome to “The Reunion Goes Live!”
Our reunion is now open for business. Thanks for your patience. We will be together in Davenport College June 9-12. Please use the “Register Now” to sign up for the reunion and campus housing. Finances should not be a barrier to attending. Anyone requiring assistance can contact email@example.com or call 203 436 8014 for a confidential conversation. Surviving partners of Class members are welcome to attend. Registration and housing fees will be waived. Please email or call Jennifer to make arrangements.
It has been a long journey to this point, with many stops and starts. The Reunion Committee thanks all those who were panelists at our virtual reunion last May as well as those who participated. We are excited to announce four Class Program events:
- May 17 5:00 p.m. EDT “Meritocracy: Its Role in Education, Careers, and Modern Life” This final Class webinar will feature Yale Law School Professors Anthony Kronman (author, The Assault on American Excellence, 2019) and Daniel Markovits (author, The Meritocracy Trap, 2019) debating themes explored by our late classmate, Bill Henry in his 1994 book, In Defense of Elitism. Our classmate, Kurt Schmoke will moderate.
- June 10 2:00 p.m. Sprague Hall “Technology: The Promise, the Reality, the Way Forward” featuring our classmate, Mitch Kapor, pioneer of the personal computing industry (Lotus1-2-3) and the Internet (Electronic Frontier Foundation, Mozilla Foundation), tech entrepreneur, investor and advocate for social change (Kapor Capital, The Kapor Center, SMASH).
- June 10 5:00 p.m. Sprague Hall An in-person, multi-media Service of Remembrance, organized by Bliss Williams Browne and Anne Ghory-Goodman and featuring members of last Spring’s Service of Remembrance Committee and the Class of 1971 Whiffenpoofs.
- June 11 7:30 a.m. Breakfast for Women of the Class of 1971 in the Davenport Lower Courtyard. Connect or reconnent with those who shared our unique Yale College experience. Explore options for building on and leveraging those connections.
- June 11 2:00 p.m. “Navigating the Health Care Landscape: Challenges for the Class of 1971” Featuring classmates Dave Anderson, Bill Kerns, Robbie Quinn, and Andy Wiesenthal, moderated by Stu Brogadir.
Cocktails on Beinecke Plaza and our Class Dinner in Commons will take place Friday the 10th, and dancing to the Bales Gitlin Band on Saturday evening. Please refer to the “Reunion Schedule Tab for a full calendar of events.
See you there!
Your Reunion Committee
Bob Bruner and Lupi Robinson (Reunion Chairs)
Andy Kaufman, Class Secretary
Bill Primps, Class Treasurer