The YAA mission is to enhance and renew the lifelong Yale experience for all alumni, whoever they are and wherever they may be. If you’re interested in joining us but are not quite sure where to begin, we have the tools to help.
If you already know what you’re looking for, scroll down to the Explore Volunteer Opportunities section to find your program.
Find the Right Fit
Below are some of the reasons that alumni maintain or renew their involvement with Yale. Which one (or several) speak loudest to you?
- I feel a personal or professional connection to Yale as an academic institution.
- I’m interested in shaping the activities of the alumni body.
- I want to support the university and its efforts to maintain excellence in multiple areas.
- I want to connect with current Yale students.
- I want to connect with fellow Yale alumni.
- I have skills I’d like to share with a good cause.
- I feel inspired to give back to my community.
- I’m looking for a community that shares a particular interest or identity with me.
There are roles, activities, and programs available for almost any skill set imaginable.
- I’m interested in collaborating with other alums to plan events, lectures, or programs.
- I’d like to lend a particular skill or expertise to a Yale group, such as professional advice, event planning, or communications.
- I feel excited to interact with current and/or recent graduates in a mentorship role.
- I want to help tell Yale’s story through online and digital outlets including social media, email, and newsletters.
- I am interested in recruiting volunteers for service, fundraising, and/or event support.
- I wish to bring Yale to my local community through service-related volunteerism.
The Yale alumni body is growing increasingly diverse. If you’re looking for a community, you’re almost certainly not alone. I would like to connect with…
- Members from my Yale College class
- Fellow alumni in my geographic region, state, or city
- Members from my graduate or professional program
- Alumni from my residential college
- Alumni who share a specific interest or identity of mine
- Current Yale students
- Alumni from my professional field
- Recent Yale graduates
- Prospective Yale students
- Yale parents
Location, location, location! Sometimes it doesn’t matter what you’re doing or who you’re with … the folks in your own backyard (or digital space) are it.
- I can participate in conference calls, by email, or webinar.
- I can meet in person in my local region.
- I can travel to New Haven for in-person meetings and events.